Energy Trust of Oregon updates its incentives at the beginning of each year. While there are no immediate changes to EPS New Construction at the beginning of this year, we do have recent offerings to highlight that are available right now, plus some updates expected later in the year.
- Whole Home incentives
Energy Trust issues new construction incentives to builders and verifiers based on how well their homes perform compared to typical newly built homes in Oregon and Washington. View the incentive overview sheets for current incentives available in Oregon and Washington.
- Additional incentives available
- Solar ready: Solar ready homes are built to allow for easier installation of a solar electric system when the time is right. A maximum incentive of $200 is available per home for builders to reduce the upfront cost of building solar ready.
- Net zero: We offer net zero cash incentives up to $750 per home and technical support so you can build net zero homes that truly stand out, with solar already installed and a design that enables 100% of the home’s electricity usage to be powered by solar.
- Energy smart homes: Homes that seamlessly integrate into the smart grid and have features that support solar, electric vehicle charging and other sustainable upgrades may qualify for a $200 energy smart home incentive, with add-ons incentives available to earn even more incentives.
- Early design assistance (EDA): A $500 incentive is available to trade ally builders in Oregon and Washington who meet EDA requirements. This incentive encourages builders to compile a team to evaluate projects in their early stages, focusing on how energy efficiency will be integrated.
Beyond the whole home incentive, builders can also layer additional incentives when they include solar ready, net zero and/or energy smart home features—such as designing for future solar, electric vehicles or battery storage, and installing solar panels.
Watch for offerings for builders in Washington later in 2021, as the program transitions to the new Washington State Energy Code.
You can find updated forms and resources on Insider.
If you have questions email us or call the Trade Ally Hotline at 1.877.238.0698.