For EPS New Construction
Third-party verifiers play an important role for EPSTM New Construction. Become an approved trade ally verifier and you’ll help ensure the effectiveness and quality of energy-efficient measures by inspecting homes for program requirements and building components, and by performing infiltration testing, duct leakage testing and energy modeling. You’ll also provide technical guidance and issue an EPS to qualified new home construction projects.
For questions about becoming a verifier, contact the trade ally coordinator at 1.877.283.0698, or email us.
Benefits for Verifiers
Become an Energy Trust trade ally verifier and access the following:
- Increased business leads from your listing on our website as an approved verifier
- Technical support for questions regarding program requirements and energy-efficient building practices, plus onsite trainings
- Incentives that you can use to reduce the EPS verification fee for builders
- An additional $250 low-income verification incentive (paid once per project) to help reduce the EPS verification fee for builders of affordable housing (Oregon only)
Approved verifiers must be contractors who are RESNET® raters or BPI analysts. A RESNET or BPI designation is required to perform diagnostic testing and to prove proficiency in building science.
Once you meet these qualifications, complete the following steps:
- Complete our online application.
- Complete the Faxable Request Form for Certificate of Insurance.
- Contact the EPS New Construction trade ally coordinator to enroll in the next EPS Verifier Training.
After you submit all of the required materials, we will review your application. Once approved, you will receive a letter confirming your trade ally enrollment and one printed copy of the EPS Field Guide. You will also be listed on our website as an approved verifier.
Before starting any verification work with a builder, you must complete all the steps above. If you anticipate any challenges in completing these steps before beginning verification, please contact the EPS New Construction trade ally coordinator at 1.877.283.0698, or email us.
Receive up to $1,200 in cash incentives for equipment purchases, such as duct blasters or blower doors. For details, view the most recent Energy Conservatory Equipment Price List.
Complete an equipment incentive application, listing the address of the first home to be tested with your new equipment, and submit it with your purchase receipt to receive your incentive.
EPS Modeling Requirements
Licensing of REM/Rate™ is currently restricted to RESNET® accredited HERS providers. However, all HERS rating providers throughout the country can sublicense REM/Rate™ to raters working within home energy certification and scoring programs. For more information on becoming an accredited HERS provider, or to find an existing HERS provider who can help you become a certified HERS rater and sublicense REM/Rate to you, visit RESNET.
Energy modeling provides verifiers with performance results specific to each EPS home. Verifiers can give their builders an in-depth assessment of the home while it is still under construction, providing a valuable service to their clients.
To get started with home modeling, follow these simple steps:
- Visit RESNET to find a provider who can sublicense REM/Rate to your business.
- Download the latest version of REM/Rate.
- Request access to the EPS modeling training by contacting the trade ally coordinator. Complete and pass the training to become an eligible EPS modeler.
- Schedule an individual training with EPS New Construction to go over modeling guidelines.