Energy Trust conducts a review of trade ally star ratings twice per year, and the next update for Home Retrofit trade allies will take place in October 2018. The star rating is based on the past 12 months of participation and will be displayed on Energy Trust’s Find a Contractor tool. The update does not impact ratings with other Energy Trust programs.
Home Retrofit trade ally star ratings are determined by three criteria: customer service, program service and quality service. The star rating criteria document contains a more detailed description of how the star rating is calculated. The following guidelines can help you improve your star rating.
Customer service—A full star is earned by following the customer service requirements in Energy Trust’s trade ally participation agreements and having fewer than three unresolved customer complaints on file with Energy Trust. To avoid customer complaints and earn this star:
- Prequalify customers before providing Energy Trust incentive applications
- Clean your job site
- Follow through on business promises
- Communicate early and often
- Address customers’ concerns to their satisfaction – before they feel a need to contact Energy Trust as a complaint resolution resource
Quality performance—A full star is earned by meeting Home Retrofit technical specifications and passing quality verifications.
- Review the current Specifications Manual to ensure projects meet Energy Trust requirements
- Use the Complete Measure Checklists in the Technical Specifications section of the Energy Trust Forms and Resources page
- Get answers to technical questions by reaching out to Home Retrofit staff or contacting an account manager
- Ensure the project qualifies before submitting an application
- Attend manufacturer trainings and stay up-to-date on manufacturer specifications for proper installations
Program service—A full star is earned by submitting incentive applications without missing information or non-qualified measures.
- Use online applications to avoid missing information.
- Prequalify customers by checking their utility providers.
- Use application checklists to ensure all required steps are followed.
- Help your customers submit applications or submit applications on their behalf.
- Attend refresher trainings provided by Energy Trust or request customized trainings when you hire new staff.
If you have additional questions or need more information about star ratings, email the Residential trade ally team or call 1.866.365.3526.