Energy Trust typically experiences its highest volume of incentive applications near the end of each year, and 2020 is no exception. Application volumes have increased for all of our programs in recent weeks, leading to longer processing times. Although Energy Trust strives to process applications and provide incentive payments within 4-6 weeks, customers and trade allies may experience delays in coming weeks.
Due to several factors outlined below, customers and trade allies can expect an additional two weeks of processing time to receive incentive payments through the end of January 2021. Factors include:
- Home Retrofit applications are increasing in volume and complexity. Volume is expected to remain high through the end of 2020.
- Energy Trust is running bonuses as part of wildfire and COVID relief efforts. We have seen a resulting spike in submissions—and these projects take more time for processing and review.
- More paper applications have been submitted recently, particularly in large batches for window projects. These take additional processing time compared to electronic applications.
- Higher than normal call and email volumes have prevented contact center staff from assisting with applications.
Trade allies can help prevent delays by:
- Utilizing online forms whenever possible. Paper applications take additional steps to receive by USPS, scan and enter into our systems. Online applications eliminate these steps.
- Ensuring all information is submitted with the application to avoid calls for missing information. Missing information is the most common, and avoidable, contributor to delayed applications. A trade ally signature is the most common piece of missing information.
- Submitting applications as soon as possible after project completion and avoiding large batches.
If you have questions about applications or delays, please contact the Home Retrofit trade ally team at 1.866.311.1822.