Energy Trust updates its incentives annually, and the following changes were effective on January 1, 2019. These changes only apply to the Residential program. Also please note that any incentives not listed below remain at 2018 levels.
- Clothes washers – Integrated Modified Energy Factor (IMEF) requirements increased from 2.38 to 2.76.
- Attic insulation – Existing condition R-value requirement for attic insulation decreased from R-19 to R-11. The incentive for R-13 to R-19, $0.25 per square foot, up to $100 is no longer being offered in 2019.
- Floor insulation – For existing manufactured homes, the maximum beginning R-value has decreased from R-11 to R-0.
- Heat pump water heaters, Savings Within Reach – Incentive levels for heat pump water heaters through Savings Within Reach have changed to $375. This change corresponds with an increase in incentive levels at the retailer and distributor level.
- Reflector LED, direct install — Incentive for installing a reflector LED is now $8.00.
As of January 1, 2019, there are no longer cash incentives available in Oregon for the measures below. The following measures were discontinued due to low program participation or changes in federal standards:
- Alternative on-site wastewater treatment system – $400 alternative on-site wastewater treatment system incentive is discontinued.
- Pool pumps – $200 pool pump incentive is discontinued.
- Boiler pipe insulation – $0.50 per linear foot incentive for boiler pipe insulation is discontinued.
- Gas boilers – $200 incentive for gas boilers with 88% AFUE is discontinued.
Revised application forms are available on the trade ally resources web pages.
Residential incentive changes effective January 1, 2019:
|Upgrade||2018 Incentive||2019 Incentive|
|Clothes washers||IMEF of 2.38 or greater||IMEF of 2.76 or greater|
|Attic insulation||$0.25 per sq ft up to $100. If R-13 to R-18, insulate to R-38.||$0.25 per sq ft, if existing condition is R-11 or less, insulate to R-38.|
|Floor insulation||Manufactured homes only: $0.30 per sq ft. If R-11 or less, insulate to R-30 or fill cavity.||Manufactured homes only: $0.30 per sq ft. If existing condition is R-0 or less, insulate to R-30 or fill cavity.|
|Heat pump water heater Tier 3, Savings Within Reach||$600, All tank sizes qualify; must replace electric resistance tank water heater||$375; all tank sizes qualify|
|Reflector LED, Direct Install||$8.75, Must meet ENERGY STAR® requirements||$8.00; must meet ENERGY STAR requirements|
|Alternative on-site wastewater treatment system||$400, Select models qualify||Discontinued|
|Pool pump||$200, Must meet ENERGY STAR requirements and be professionally installed||Discontinued|
|Boiler pipe insulation||$0.50 per linear foot. If R-2 or less, insulate to R-8.||Discontinued|
|Gas boiler||$200, 88% AFUE or greater||Discontinued|
- Gas furnaces – $100 incentive for 90% AFUE to 94% AFUE has been removed in Washington. The incentive for gas furnaces is now $200 for a unit with 95% AFUE or higher.
- Gas furnace in rentals – $550 incentive for gas furnace in rental properties (single-family homes, condos and townhomes) is now available for customers in Washington.
As of January 1, 2019, there are no longer cash incentives available in Washington for the measures below. The following measures were discontinued due to low program participation:
- Air sealing – $150 per home incentive for air sealing is discontinued.
- Direct-vent gas unit heaters – $100 for direct-vent gas unit heaters 80% AFUE or greater is discontinued.
- Duct insulation – 50 percent of cost, up to $100 is discontinued.
|Upgrade||2018 Incentive||2019 Incentive|
|Gas furnace||$100, 90% AFUE or greater|
$200, 95% AFUE or greater
|$200, 95% AFUE or greater|
|Gas furnace in rentals||N/A||$550, 90% AFUE or greater|
|Attic insulation||$0.25 per sq. ft. If R-19 or less, then insulate to R-38.||$0.25 per sq. ft. If R-11 or less, then insulate to R-38.|
|Air sealing||$150 per home, home must be built during or before 1982||Discontinued|
|Direct-vent gas unit heater||Up to $100, 80% AFUE or greater||Discontinued|
|Duct insulation||50% of cost, up to $100. If R-2 or less, insulate to R-11. Duct sealing must be completed prior to duct insulation.||Discontinued|
For more information about incentive changes and effective dates, contact the Home Retrofit Trade Ally hotline at 1.866.365.3526 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.