Business Development Funds
For Retailers and Manufacturers
Manufactured Home Retailers can receive up to 50% of the marketing cost for broadcast, print, digital, events, and sponsorship opportunities, up to a variable annual cap of $1,500, when meeting all of the following requirements:
- Use of the ENERGY STAR® or NEEM+ logo
- Use of the working with Energy Trust of Oregon logo
- Key messaging in the marketing piece (examples listed below)
Additional brand messaging must be used in radio ads in lieu of logo placement. Please consult with Energy Trust regarding radio messaging requirements.
Manufactured Home Retailers can also now receive up to 50% reimbursement of the flooring fees associated with a NEEM+ or ENERGY STAR home up to a variable annual cap of $1,500, when meeting all of the following requirements:
- Certified site is required to display Energy Trust approved call-out-cards
- Photo documentation of proof of display and invoice of home purchase or lease must be submitted with application
Please consult Energy Trust regarding call-out-card procurement. To apply for funds, complete the appropriate application below and submit to Energy Trust:
Business Development Funds now eligible for PPE
Energy Trust provides partial reimbursement for marketing projects, trainings, and now personal protective equipment (PPE) through Business Development Funds. As a trade ally, you are eligible to receive reimbursement in accordance with the Business Development Guidelines per your enrolled trade ally program status and a pre-approval application form can be found within the guideline pages:
- Commercial, Industrial, Multifamily
Trade allies are now able to submit for PPE reimbursement for equipment purchased from January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021. Reimbursement for PPE purchases must be submitted within the same calendar year. To apply for reimbursement, submit the pre-approval application, along with an itemized invoice for the qualified PPE purchased.
ENERGY STAR Logo Use Guidelines
- The ENERGY STAR name should always appear in capital letters.
- The registered symbol ® must be used the first time the words “ENERGY STAR” appear in materials and:
- The ® symbol should always be in superscript
- There should be no space between the words “ENERGY STAR” and the ® symbol
- The ® symbol should be repeated in a document for each chapter title or webpage
ENERGY STAR logos:
- ENERGY STAR certification logo in .jpg or .eps formats
- ENERGY STAR linkage logo in .jpg or .eps formats
Energy Trust Logo Use Guidelines
- This name should always appear as “Energy Trust of Oregon.”
- A minimum amount of space should surround the logo at all times. This area is determined by the size of the cap “E” of the logotype. Please note that this is the minimum amount of clear space, and that there can always be more space surrounding the logo.
- “Working with Energy Trust of Oregon” logos come in black and in reversed-out formats.
To request the “Working with Energy Trust of Oregon” logo for ad placement, please email email@example.com.
Please make sure you view the Business Development Fund Application before producing any creative pieces.
Messaging Requirements for Marketing Pieces
Samples of key messaging you may incorporate into your marketing materials are provided below. You may choose to develop your own messaging, which will be subject to approval for reimbursement.
Instances of [Blank] below are placeholders for “ENERGY STAR” which should be substituted in advertisements:
- [Blank] homes are designed, built and performance tested to provide enhanced comfort, improved air quality and energy savings.
- When it comes to being green—look for a home with the [blank] label.
- Choose an [blank] home, enjoy the benefits of a lifetime.
- Ask for an [blank] home.
- [Blank] homes are better for you and the environment.
For more messaging ideas, contact the program at 1.800.972.8793.