OAME Contractors & AEPT Meeting
- This event has passed.
Formed in 1987, the Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs (OAME) is a nonprofit, tax exempt membership organization with a mission to promote and develop entrepreneurship and economic development for ethnic minorities in the state of Oregon and southwest Washington.
We are an all-inclusive organization and encourage everyone to live by our motto: “Everybody’s In, Nobody’s Out.”
The 850 member association is a collection of entrepreneurs, public agencies, partner non-profits and large businesses. The mission is directed toward eliminating discrimination and racism.
From its Delta Park campus, OAME provides the following services to help businesses:
- Free Technical Assistance and business counseling
- Access to Capital, including SBA microloans
- Clearinghouse, a program that matches small businesses with contracting opportunities
- Incubator office spaces at below market rates
- Large bi-monthly networking meetings to promote business growth
Every Second Friday, contractors gather to network, hear special guest speakers, hear about and share contracting opportunities, and introduce their businesses and themselves to the entire meeting.