Mechanical Systems & Performance Testing (SHP Module 4)
- This event has passed.
This course will provide an exploration of the many design and product options for home HVAC and renewable power systems and an overview of load reduction approaches. Just as performance testing is necessary to verify the envelope’s construction, testing and verification of mechanical systems are also key components to creating high-performance sustainable homes.
- Day 1: Guest speaker presentation
- Day 2: Two site visits to certified green homes + blower door test
Want to learn more? This course comprises Module 4 of our 6-month Sustainable Homes Professional (SHP) accreditation course. Attend all 6 modules and become a Sustainable Homes Professional!
- Understand the relative impact of various building components and system types on the total energy load of a house.
- Become familiar with residential HVAC and renewable power system types, their applications, limitations, and benefits.
- Explain lighting design approaches and technologies, as well as daylighting benefits and limitations.
- Recognize various types of performance testing and verification techniques and analysis.
- Complete room-by-room load calculations for an example house and select appropriate systems according to the project objectives.