Home Energy Score Assessor Training: Building Science Fundamentals
- This event has passed.
An increasing number of home buyers and sellers are looking to score their homes for energy efficiency. Assessors who attend this training will learn to apply their knowledge of building science terminology while working with customers. Participants will analyze how dynamic flows will affect the performance of a house, and learn to evaluate these homes in order to more effectively discuss home retrofits. This training will cover:
- Building science terminology
- Understanding laws of thermodynamics and the house as a system
- Evaluating insulation, duct design, and thermal properties of materials
- Analyzing moisture movement and relative humidity
- Create plans for increasing Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) while evaluating additional healthy home considerations.
This is the first module in a three-part series:
- Module 1: Building Science Fundamentals (Dec. 3)
- Module 2: Energy Retrofitting (Dec. 10)
- Module 3: Connecting the Home Energy Score and Your Business to the Bigger Picture (Dec. 17)
Questions? Contact our Program Coordinator, Lindsay Kemp, at email@example.com.Live Webinar Course: https://www.earthadvantage.org/training/0000/659