The EPS™ New Construction offering occasionally changes incentives and offerings to drive more savings and respond to changes in the market.
While there will be no immediate changes to EPS New Construction at the beginning of 2022, we do want to highlight recent offerings that are available right now, plus preview some updates expected in mid-2022.
- Whole home incentives
Energy Trust of Oregon issues EPS New Construction incentives to builders and verifiers based on how well their homes perform compared to typical newly built homes in Oregon and Washington.
- Additional incentives available
- Solar ready: Solar ready homes are built to allow for easier installation of a solar electric system when the time is right. A maximum incentive of $200 is available per home for builders to reduce the upfront cost of building solar ready.
- Net zero: We offer net zero cash incentives up to $750 per home and technical support so you can build net-zero homes that truly stand out, with solar already installed and a design that enables 100% of the home’s electricity usage to be powered by solar.
- Energy smart home: Homes that seamlessly integrate into the smart grid and have features that support solar, electric vehicle charging and other sustainable upgrades may qualify for a $200 energy smart home incentive, with add-on incentives available to earn even more.
- Early design assistance (EDA): A $500 incentive is available to trade ally builders in Oregon and Washington who meet EDA requirements. This incentive encourages builders to compile a team to evaluate a project in its early stages, focusing on how energy efficiency will be integrated. Builders can earn an additional $500 if the meeting includes a solar trade ally and a focus on solar.
Watch for new and updated offerings for builders in Oregon in spring 2022, as the program transitions to the new Oregon Residential Specialty Code. We will also release updated requirements for net-zero and energy smart home projects, and we will announce new incentives for homes that are affordable, rural and/or sited on tribal land.
If you have questions, email us or call the Trade Ally Hotline at 1.877.238.0698.