Energy Trust of Oregon cash incentives help make energy-efficiency improvements at multifamily properties more affordable and help your multifamily customers save energy for years to come. Beginning April 1, 2021, the following incentive changes will apply:
- Commercial clothes washers—Receive a $65-$300 incentive for ENERGY STAR® certified front load clothes washers based on water heating or dryer fuel type
- Refrigerators—Incentive amount increased to $50 for ENERGY STAR certified refrigerators
- Smart thermostats—Incentive amount increased to $80 for smart thermostats. Smart thermostat must be included in Energy Trust’s list of qualified products
- Bath fans—High-efficiency bath fans must be designated as ENERGY STAR most efficient in 2021; the maximum incentive amount for bath fans without a light is now $15
New Cash Incentives
- Commercial ice-maker—$150 incentive available for ENERGY STAR commercial ice-makers. Must be a commercial batch type and continuous air-cooled ice making head, remote condensing unit or self-contained unit and have electric or gas water heating provided by a participating utility.
- Commercial pool cover—$2 per sq. ft. of pool surface area incentive available for commercial pool covers specifically designed for swimming pools. Pool must be heated and without a pre-existing cover within the previous six months. The entire pool surface must be covered and utilize a storage reel. Liquid evaporation suppressants, solar disks, and mesh covers are ineligible. Pool heating fuel must be provided by a participating utility.
In addition to the changes listed above, Energy Trust is limiting the maximum incentive amount for the electric portion of custom projects and for electric only standard incentives per site. Effective April 5, 2021, customer sites served by Portland General Electric are limited to a maximum of $12,000 per site, per year, and customer sites served by Pacific Power are limited to a maximum of $6,000 per site, per year.
Incentive eligibility may vary by property type. For full incentive details visit www.energytrust.org/mfcashincentives.
For more information or questions about incentive changes for multifamily customers, call 1.877.510.2130 or email email@example.com.