In January, Energy Trust will launch a solar marketing training series as part of our ongoing work to reduce soft costs in Oregon. A key aspect of solar customer acquisition soft costs, marketing is a promising area for business development. The training series will be facilitated by Glenna Wiseman of Identity3, a nationally recognized solar marketing expert.
About Glenna Wiseman
Glenna Wiseman is a solar industry marketing veteran who brings the installer’s point of view to marketing communications. Her solar marketing expertise dates from 2007. For five of those years, she led the marketing initiatives for a California based solar installation firm.
Glenna Wiseman has worked to build integration companies for more than 10 years, resulting in a holistic and enterprise-level perspective on marketing for solar installers:
- Through Identity3, Glenna has worked with solar installation firms on website, client persona development and marketing strategies.
- As the vice president of marketing for HelioPower, she created the company’s first marketing department and led it for five years.
- Prior to HelioPower, she co-founded an integration company in residential construction, called Home Tech Works, where she worked with hundreds of homeowners directly.
Glenna is a recognized writer and speaker within the industry, covering a wide range of topics. Wiseman co-created “Shining a Solar Marketing Light on Women,” the industry’s first women oriented survey. She has contributed to industry publications and talk show formats, co-hosted the popular SolarChat series and been a featured speaker at Solar Power International. Glenna is a member of Women in Solar Energy, WISE.
Marketing training series timing
The marketing training series will begin in January 2016. The intent is to tackle subjects with the widest appeal for Energy Trust trade allies and the highest business development potential impact. The program objective is to help trade allies become as efficient and effective with their marketing initiatives as possible while expanding the foundation of their organizational reach for future growth.
How to access the marketing training series
As media consumers, we want information in as many different formats as possible. To provide insights, tools and business development opportunities, the training series will be delivered in several formats, including:
- Live webinars with chat and interaction capabilities
- Recorded webinars
- Blog posts
- Interactive tools as applicable by subject matter
If you have any questions or would like to suggest a topic, contact Glenna Wiseman.