Zero Energy Homes: Updates & Cost Effective Approaches Webinar
- This event has passed.
A rapidly increasing number of architects and builders in Oregon are ahead of the curve and building homes to Zero Energy (ZE) and Zero Energy Ready (ZER) standards, and have been doing so for many years. Oregon also recently announced a proposed zero energy ready standard for the 2020 code. The question is, how can this be achieved cost effectively?
Join us for this free 1-hour webinar and gain valuable info on the latest developments and construction approaches to ZE & ZER construction.
Attendees will benefit from learning about:
- Available Energy Trust EPS incentives through new Net Zero and Energy Smart Home offerings
- Spotlights on three spec builders who are achieving ZER in today’s market
- Main differences between various ZE & ZER certifications programs in our region
- Oregon’s ‘Zero Energy Ready Residential Building Code’ that is anticipated to go into effect Oct. 1, 2020
- Two most common pathways to cost-effective ZER homebuilding
- How gas-heated homes can qualify for ZE & ZER certification
- Upcoming one-day Zero Energy Homes trainings being offered this April in Hood River, Portland, Medford & Bend
Advanced heat pump technology, lighting, and solar PV options are challenging the old zero energy paradigm of investments in air sealing, insulation, and expensive window upgrades. Help educate your clients on what will really help them save energy versus what might drive the cost of construction out of reach.
Attend this free 1-hour webinar and learn the different interpretations of what ZE & ZER mean and how spec builders are currently achieving it in the Pacific Northwest.
Questions? Contact Heather Kendall at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-968-7160 x20.