Delayed until further notice: How to Cost Effectively Build Zero Energy Homes – Portland
- This event has passed.
Updated March 19, 2020: Delayed until further notice
Please let us know if you are interested in a training that has been postponed due to COVID-19 and may be rescheduled and/or potentially made available online.To receive updates regarding this and other postponed trainings please fill out this interest form.
Join EEBA (Energy & Environmental Building Alliance) and Earth Advantage for this 1-day training and learn how to eliminate common barriers to Zero Energy (ZE) home construction, benefit from the rapid trend towards ZE, and earn a 'Zero Energy Builder' designation.
Zero Energy (ZE) homes are a big part of the future of home building business. While the materials and equipment to reach zero energy are available, designers and builders must create a bundle of energy-efficiency features that matches their climate, customers, and business constraints.
This 7-hour class lays out numerous elements of zero energy design and construction, so that building professionals can formulate a package appropriate for their situation. There is no one-size-fits-all solution. Participants in this class will learn design principles, equipment options, emerging technologies, material selections, and construction practices that can be integrated into their building process. Strong emphasis is placed on ways to make the final product affordable for homebuyers. Sales and marketing ideas, as well as localized resources, builder spotlights, programs and next steps will also be presented.
- Identify factors that are driving the U.S. housing market toward ZE
- Name barriers to the widespread adoption of ZE homes
- Describe three ways to present the financial benefits of ZE homes
- List six affordable ZE features that you can incorporate into your practice
- Be invited to bring house specs and evaluate possible advancements along the 12 steps to ZE
- Create a marketing and sales messages that your company can use to promote ZE homes
- Learn about available Energy Trust EPS incentives through their just released Net Zero and Energy Smart Home offerings
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-968-7160 x20.