Energy Trust now offers incentives to business customers for the installation of high-efficiency lighting products at a discount, to help them benefit from superior performance and energy cost savings.
Customers and trade allies don’t have to wait for incentive checks when taking advantage of this offer. By purchasing eligible products from participating distributors, trade allies can offer superior, high-efficiency lighting solutions to their customers at a price comparable to conventional products. Instant discounts, made possible through Energy Trust’s Instant Discounts for Business Lighting offer, are applied right at the point of sale.
Benefits for trade allies:
- Eliminate paperwork as the discount is deducted from the purchase price. Instant discounts reduce the need to complete paperwork.
- Gain an edge over the competition and add more business while passing along savings to customers as an instant discount.
- Drive profits with higher-margin products.
- Improve customer satisfaction by offering customers a better product at a lower price.
Benefits to your customers:
- No need to sign paperwork.
- Top-quality lighting performance.
- Lower energy costs.
- Longer equipment life.
- Incentives reduce the cost of equipment for a great return on investment.
Know your options
Qualifying products include ENERGY STAR® and DesignLights Consortium® (DLC) A-line lamps, decorative lamps, reflector lamps, HID replacement lamps, CFL replacement lamps, recessed canister downlights, linear lamps, interior fixtures and exterior fixtures. Note that incentives totaling more than $2,500 per project require pre-authorization.
|Measure||Product||Details||2022 Instant Discount|
|A-line||General Purpose and Three-Way||450 to 1999 lumens||2|
|Decorative||Decorative and Mini-Base||300 to 699 lumens||3|
|Globe||350 to 1099 lumens||3|
|Reflector||Reflectors, 450 to 624 lumens||450 to 1590 lumens||1|
|Pin-base Reflector||20W equivalent||1|
|21 to 80W equivalent||2|
|Recessed Canister Downlight||Downlight Retrofit Kit||625-1099 lumens||4|
|Exterior Recessed Canister Fixture/Kit||4|
|CFL Replacement Lamp||Pin-based CFL replacement||2.5|
|HID Replacement Lamp||HID to LED Screw-In||49W or less||15|
|81W or higher||35|
|Linear||2' TLED line voltage or remote driver||B/C||$2.00|
|3' TLED line voltage or remote driver||$3.00|
|4' or U-bend TLED line voltage or remote driver||4|
|5' TLED line voltage or remote driver||$5.00|
|6' TLED line voltage or remote driver||$6.00|
|8' TLED line voltage or remote driver||$8.00|
|2' TLED in line||A||$1.50|
|3' TLED in line||$2.25|
|4' or U-bend TLED in line||3|
|5' TLED in line||$3.75|
|6' TLED in line||$4.50|
|8' TLED in line||$6.00|
|Interior fixture||Interior Fixture & Kit||25W or less||20|
|High/Low Bay, Fixture||40-90W||60|
|300W or higher||145|
|Exterior Fixture||20W or less||25|
|300W or higher||200|
*Effective January 24, 2022. Eligible products and incentives are subject to change. Discuss your options with a participating distributor.
One of the biggest benefits of purchasing high-efficiency equipment at a similar price to standard is a quicker payback. These solutions save energy and money every day, so when the upfront costs are comparable, they quickly pay for themselves.
Who is eligible?
All projects involving Energy Trust (Pacific Power and Portland General Electric) commercial, industrial and multifamily customers are eligible to receive discount pricing through Energy Trust Business Lighting. Multifamily tenant spaces, new construction, building expansion and major renovation projects that trigger code are not eligible for an incentive through this offer. Qualifying lighting must be installed and operated at the eligible customer’s facility or premise within 90 days of purchase.
Discounts received through the Instant Discounts for Business Lighting offer may not be combined with other Energy Trust incentives such as the Business Lighting standard offer or New Buildings program. Confirm the project’s scope of work to determine which program and offer best suits your project’s needs.
How do I participate?
- Find a participating distributor: Use our simple look-up tool.
- Choose qualified lighting products: Review the list to determine what’s right for you.
- Receive instant discount: To receive the incentive at the time of purchase, the installation address and purchaser information must be given to the distributor to confirm that the lighting project site is eligible to receive the instant discount. Once you receive your energy-efficient lighting, make sure equipment is installed in the facility within 90 days so the customer can start realizing the energy savings.
For more information, contact the Business Lighting team at 503.972.9880.