Every five years, Energy Trust engages in a strategic planning process to define our focus areas and key strategies for the coming years, as required by a grant agreement with the Oregon Public Utility Commission (OPUC). The strategic plan is a critically important document that helps us prioritize and direct resources to initiatives that are most important to achieve our goals and deliver benefits to all customers of PGE, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas and Avista.
We are currently in the process of seeking feedback on our draft 2020-2024 strategic plan, and we invite public comment from June 24-August 2, 2019.
Energy Trust identified five focus areas as priorities for the next five years. These areas include:
- Providing programs, information and services for all utility customers, with particular attention to underserved customers;
- Delivering energy efficiency and renewable energy initiatives that benefit customers and help utilities manage constrained systems;
- Supporting development and implementation of energy-related policies by sharing expertise and seeking to accomplish our core purpose;
- Maximizing public purpose charge investments by leveraging additional funding to accomplish clean energy projects that offer multiple public benefits;
- Enhancing our ability to quickly and effectively respond to changes, needs and new opportunities.
Here are several ways you can get involved
- Start with a review of the draft strategic plan at energytrust.org/strategicplan.
- Watch our 15-minute on-demand webinar featuring Executive Director Michael Colgrove presenting highlights of the draft plan.
- Submit comments for our board’s consideration via email to email@example.com or by mail or in person by August 2 to: Energy Trust of Oregon, Attention: Strategic Plan, 421 SW Oak St., Suite 300, Portland, OR 97204.
The board of directors will vote on adoption of the final 2020-2024 Strategic Plan at our October 2019 board meeting. At that time, a final version will be posted on our website.