A bonus incentive is currently available for commercial condensing HVAC boiler installations at existing commercial buildings in Oregon. For NW Natural customers in Washington, the bonus is available for both existing commercial and multifamily. The bonus incentive is $3.75 per kbtu/h input, bringing the total incentive amount to $7 per kbtu/h input. Eligible projects must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 94% efficiency, either annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) or thermal efficiency
- Redundant, lagging, or backup boilers do not qualify
- Boilers used for domestic hot water or pool heating do not qualify
- Boilers, also known as “heat adders”, serving the water loops in water-source heat pump systems do not qualify
- Boiler system design return temperature must be appropriate to condensing functionality
- Cannot be combined with the Modulating Boiler Burner measure
For commercial customers in Oregon the equipment must be purchased and installed by June 30, 2022, to receive the bonus incentive. For commercial and multifamily customers in Washington, equipment must be purchased and installed by December 31, 2022.
Base incentive is $3.25 + bonus incentive of $3.75 = total incentive of $7.00 per kbtu/h input. Use Form 120P to apply. Commercial condensing HVAC boiler incentive found under the HVAC and water heating section.
For questions regarding the commercial condensing HVAC boiler bonus, contact Heath Heiberg, trade ally manager, at 503.812.4087