Retrofits and heating system upgrades to single-family homes accounted for much of the energy savings achieved by the Existing Homes program in 2014. What are the best ways for your business to integrate Energy Trust incentives into your work this year? Here are top opportunities for your customers and business in 2015:
- Natural gas fireplaces: Customers heating their homes with natural gas from NW Natural can get cash back for upgrading to a high-efficiency gas fireplace. If you enroll your company in instant incentives, you can provide the cash incentive to your customers up front as a discount—the incentive then gets paid directly to you. The required orientation webinar is on Tuesday, April 21.
- Gas furnaces: Incentives for natural gas furnaces are available to all customers in Washington. As of January 1, two tiers of incentives are available:
- $100 for a 90-97.5 percent AFUE furnace
- $350 for a 95 percent or greater AFUE furnace
- Water heating: Gas water heaters with an efficiency factor of 0.67 or greater qualify for cash incentives in Washington.