Energy Trust has expanded the Savings Within Reach offering to income-qualified multifamily residences. This includes the option to finance Savings Within Reach projects through On-Bill Repayment for qualified owner-occupied residences in multifamily properties. Savings Within Reach incentive amounts, specifications, and income requirements for Home Retrofit and Multifamily are the same.
Eligible upgrades and income qualifications
- See the Savings Within Reach fact sheet for eligible upgrades for all qualifying property types, as well as income qualifications
- In single-family or multifamily properties, most projects may qualify with income from either the tenant or the owner. Additional requirements and information can be found on the Savings Within Reach webpage.
- Owners must approve work before it begins
- Single-family homes
- Manufactured homes
- Multifamily homes (attached residential units) including:
- Duplexes, triplexes and fourplexes
- Attached side-by-side structures, such as a townhome or rowhouse
- Stacked structures with five or more units are eligible for the ductless heat pump and heat pump water heater incentives only.
Savings Within Reach On-Bill Repayment financing
Savings Within Reach projects in qualified owner-occupied multifamily residences are also eligible for financing through Craft3’s Home Energy Loan and are repaid on the customer’s utility bill. Craft3 is now accepting applications for Multifamily Savings Within Reach On-Bill Repayment projects.
Trade allies currently enrolled in Savings Within Reach and/or Savings Within Reach OBR must also maintain an active trade ally status in the Existing Multifamily program to offer the service to multifamily properties.
Refer to the updated Savings Within Reach Incentive Application Form 320 MIT and the Savings Within Reach On-Bill Repayment Incentive Application Form 321 MIT for details on incentives and specific property type eligibility.
For questions regarding the Multifamily program, your Multifamily program trade ally status or property eligibility, contact Nate Collins, Multifamily trade ally coordinator, at 503.278.3075.